Saturday 1 July 2017

June Favourites

Over the last couple months I have been trying out a lot of new products, some have become favourites and quite possibly holy grail status so i thought I would share with all of you!

First up is what Ive been using as a base on my face. Ive been LOVING this combination of the new Cover Girl Elixir foundation mixed with my Avon magiX Illuminating Face Perfector, I love the combo of these mixed together, when I mix them its give the foundation like a moussy texture that helps it blend out really nice on my face. My skin can be extremely dry and I find these two products mixed together apply really nice over any dry patches.


My only complaint about this foundation is the colours are a little dark, I have the lightest shade but its still likely about a shade or two darker than what I would normally wear, that being said I have been able to make it work but wearing more of a bronzy glow look. I have seen others online say that their concealer goes weird with this foundation but I don't ever wear concealer so I haven't experienced that. 

Another product I have been loving and I also shared on my instagram is also by Cover Girl and its their new Total Tease mascara. Everyone that knows me knows I am a mascara hoarder... I usually have about 6-7 tubes of mascara on the go at one time. I like to use a few different ones and build up some coats for full lashes. However I have been solely using this mascara on its own for weeks, well ever since I bought it. I just fell in love with it, I love it so much that last weekend when I was doing a clean out of old products I threw out 8 tubes of other mascaras because I know I won't wear them again. This mascara makes my lashes look full and wispy. I also love how I can make them curve out at the ends for a cat eye look even with out having liner on. I love the brush I love using both sides of the brush it just makes gorgeous lashes!


I have been also loving this Tarte blush in Paaarty! I received it in my "birthday gift" from Sephora and have used it every day since I got it. I love Tarte blushes, they are super pigmented and a little goes a long way. I actually have a few of their deluxe sized blushes and have used them a lot, but because they are so pigmented the embossing is still there they barely look used at all! To be honest the only high end / not drugstore blushes I own are all Tarte and I feel like they are all will ever buy for high end blushes. 


Another product that I have been loving to use in a deluxe sample size that I got with point perks at Sephora is the Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer in Medium. When I picked this up I hadn't realized it was in medium. I originally wanted to use it for contour but it was way too dark for my ghost like skin. However, I use brown shadows all over my eyelids as my basic every day make up look for work and this shade was perfect for it! The brown of the bronzer is the perfect shade to make my blue eyes pop.

I always have full intentions on painting my nails fun colours or designs, but I am always either too lazy or never give myself time to get them completed. I also gravitate to the colour black for my nails, I have about 15-20 different bottles of nail polish and of them 6 are all black from different brands. Now for my favourite black polish, the Wet n' Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel Polish in power outage. I love this polish I find it fast drying and easy to apply it is also the longest lasting polish from the drugstore for me. I type all day on a keyboard so often nail polishes are chipping within a day or two of applying, but this one tends to not chip at least for a week. 


What products have you been loving lately? Tell me down below I'd love to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment